My name is Crystal Isert. I teach grade six French Immersion at Leslie Thomas Junior High in Lower Sackville. Now, at the end of my first term at the PE table, the issues I brought forward at your request include:
- repeatedly advocating for a better media presence
- and helping start the process for a systematic review of the NSTU.
At Annual Council, some things that I have fought for are:
- Learning Centre Teachers to be paid as Department Heads and
- Circuit Teachers to follow the schedule of one school.
During this next term as PE, I will:
- press for the NSTU to actively work to make its members the expert voice on education in Nova Scotia,
- keep the systematic review at the forefront,
- continue to press for a strong media presence,
- work with the rest of the provincial executive to ensure that the NSTU has a strong long-term plan.
We have to be ready for negotiations with the Liberals in 2019 and we have to be ready for the next provincial elections. Please vote Crystal Isert on April 19th.